Richard's Consti & Theory Blog

This is where I post my (fairly random) thoughts on issues I come across in Constitutional Law, and in Legal Theory more generally. I need to make clear that the contents of this Blog are no-one else's responsibility (except where law dictates), and that no trees died in the making of this part of the blogosphere. I may try to be witty ...

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Declaration of Independence ?

The House of Lords (in their judicial capacity) have issued an interesting judgement, called Crehan v Inntrepreneur (CPC) [2006] UKHL 38 (HL).

In short - and subject to a better summary appearing - the Law Lords have reminded the ECJ&c that their decisions on law only remain binding on a UK court. As in that case, the application of that law is a different matter. Readers' comments will be gratefully received.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home