Richard's Consti & Theory Blog

This is where I post my (fairly random) thoughts on issues I come across in Constitutional Law, and in Legal Theory more generally. I need to make clear that the contents of this Blog are no-one else's responsibility (except where law dictates), and that no trees died in the making of this part of the blogosphere. I may try to be witty ...

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Custom, not a Convention

This is Swan Upping week, and so a procession of boatmen (and boatwomen, one assumes) are making their way along the Thames to count and mark its swan population.

Almost as worrying as the widespread student belief that this is a constitutional convention (it has no constitutional purpose, being a larder check / conservation exercise, even if a rather quaint one), is the large Daily Mail coverage of the event. What can this mean ?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home