Richard's Consti & Theory Blog

This is where I post my (fairly random) thoughts on issues I come across in Constitutional Law, and in Legal Theory more generally. I need to make clear that the contents of this Blog are no-one else's responsibility (except where law dictates), and that no trees died in the making of this part of the blogosphere. I may try to be witty ...

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Lord Speaker (new)

I'd somehow forgotten to mention the election & appointment of a Lord Speaker (the role is newer than the title) for the House of Lords much earlier in the summer. She's Baroness Hayman, and some not massively informative notes about her intended role may be found here. It will be interesting to see what actually happens in practice. One trusts that students will update their notes about the Lord Chancellor's legislative role ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home